First-time posters: please review the site's moderation policy

I am 24 and just graduated with a degree in Korean. I have lived in Korea for about 8 months and have been back in the states for about 8 months since. I plan to return in a couple months to teach ESL for a year or so and then move on to interpretation school. Does this seem like the correct path? and can you recommend any specific steps I should take or schools I should look into? Thank you so much in advance!!!

asked 22 Dec '15, 04:59

teurishya's gravatar image


Hi Tricia,

if you want to become a conference interpreter, you'll need to make sure that your mastery of Korean is up to par. It will need to be a B language.

Then, you'll have to chose a training institution that provides you with the best quality teaching. You can read about the best practices here.

The AIIC school finder will allow you to find schools suitable for your language combination. If you don't speak French, you can rule out ISIT Paris.

permanent link

answered 22 Dec '15, 06:31

Gaspar's gravatar image

Gaspar ♦♦

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 22 Dec '15, 04:59

question was seen: 2,381 times

last updated: 22 Dec '15, 06:31 is a community-driven website open to anyone with questions and/or answers about interpreting, i.e. spoken language translation

about | faq | terms of use | privacy policy | content policy | disclaimer | contact us

This collaborative website is sponsored and hosted by AIIC, the International Association of Conference Interpreters.