First-time posters: please review the site's moderation policy

I am an exchange student from Korea. I am in my sophomore year. My major is English interpretation and translation. My plan is to transfer to US college which has the same major, could I know the list of the universities that offer the course? Is it even possible to take it during undergraduate? Could I also know if there are graduate program for translation after continuing studying in undergraduate school?

asked 05 Dec '13, 22:54

marie's gravatar image


edited 06 Dec '13, 20:16

Delete's gravatar image

Delete ♦

Hi Marie,

Regardless of what you study at undergrad level I recommend a post-graduate course for interpreting or translating. You can find out which schools in the US (or anywhere else) offer Korean & English by using this search engine developed by AIIC (International Association of Conference Interpreters)

I don't know which US schools offer interpreting at under-grad level, but IMO you'd be better off just studying the language (or any other subject) at undergrad and doing interpreting at post-grad.

permanent link

answered 06 Dec '13, 04:02

Andy's gravatar image


Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:


question asked: 05 Dec '13, 22:54

question was seen: 1,895 times

last updated: 06 Dec '13, 04:02 is a community-driven website open to anyone with questions and/or answers about interpreting, i.e. spoken language translation

about | faq | terms of use | privacy policy | content policy | disclaimer | contact us

This collaborative website is sponsored and hosted by AIIC, the International Association of Conference Interpreters.